Monday, May 28, 2012

Peripera "I Love BB Light" Review

I am a full blown bb cream addict and I'm so pleased with my latest purchase.  Thanks to Pretty and Cute's swatches on facebook, I discovered a shade of bb cream that was my exact skin tone (NW15).  It is Korean brand Peripera's "I Love BB Cream Light" - it is the exact same shade of of L'oreal's ivory and Clinique's porcelain foundations.  I ordered it off of the Pretty and Cute website and when I received it I wasn't disappointed.


Aside from it being my match in color, when I read what this bb cream features in skincare I was even more interested in the product.  It contains Vitamin C and Aloe which I firmly believe are great for the skin.  Vitamin C has a lot of benefits for the skin, such as: protects from the sun and heals sun damage, promotes collagen production, reduces inflammation, and can lessen hyperpigmentation.  Of the products I've used that contain Vitamin C - I've always noticed my skin looked fresher and more youthful afterwards.  Aloe is also great for healing skin damage from the sun and aids lessening wrinkles.  It also has something, that I'm not familiar with, sebum control powder in it which is supposed to help with oil control.  I looked sebum up and apparently its part of the oil your skin produces which causes acne if you produce too much of it.  I've read that oil controlling products can't inhibit the sebum - but who knows, they could be wrong. 


When putting it on - a little goes a long way.  It has a medium coverage that could be built into a full coverage.  Its very light and makes it look like you just naturally have beautiful skin.  One thing Korean bb creams tend to have that American ones don't is it gives you a slight illuminating glow that makes the skin look youthful.  If you've ever seen that impossibly perfect skin on kdrama actors, you know what I mean. ^ ^  I imagine thats because having a matte finish is very popular in America.


For those of you who are not pigment challenged the way I am - Peripera also comes in a regular shade simply called "I Love BB Cream".  It has the same skin benefits but I've heard that its a little thicker with a slightly fuller coverage then the I Love BB Light.  Another bonus is this bb cream is about $10 cheaper then your average bb cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment