Monday, May 28, 2012

Skin79 BB Creams - Spoiled for Choices

Having read many, many beauty blogs and reviews of bb creams - Skin79 seems to me to be the most popular brand, hands down (click here for a swatch for many different kinds of Skin79 bb creams).  Its so popular that one has to watch out for counterfeit versions when shopping on sites like Amazon and eBay.  There are actually things to look for to identify the genuine product - something no other product, that I'm aware of, has to contend with.


I have tried four of Skin79's bb creams (Diamond, Vital, Gold, & Hot Pink) and my favorite is the Vital bb cream in the orange container.  It's my favorite primarily because it matches my skin color the best (NW15).  I also like the Gold bb cream, while its probably better suited to someone with an NC20 skin tone, I can still work it. The hot pink one is hands down the most popular, I'm not sure why its the most popular as all of Skin79's BB creams have great benefits to the skin - perhaps it's the pretty color of the container.  I've heard from many people that they love that they can wear it and it doesn't cause breakouts - so maybe thats it.  I don't have breakout issues so I can't advise with regard to that. Of the 4 I tried, the hot pink container bb cream is too dark for me.  Probably best for someone who is NC20 or 25.  I didn't care for the Diamond bb cream - it had this slight sparkly quality to it and I felt self-conscious wearing it though it does match my shade.



There are several others, but there are 2 others I'd like to try - only problem is I can't find a good swatch of their color anywhere on the internet.  The first is the Snail Nutrition BB cream, yes I know that sounds gross.  But here are the the benefits snail secretions provides to the skin:


  • Help maintain the skin healthy as well as improving cell function with the use of antioxidants.
  • Help and avoid excess or abnormal scars including acne scarring
  • Counteracts sun damage preventing premature skin aging and wrinkles.
  • Accelerates renewal of damaged tissues, including actinic keratosis and keratosis pilaris.
  • Opens clogged pores
  • Induces quick skin regeneration after wound healing.
  • Helps avoid keloids, abnormal scars.
  • Restores tissue plasticity.
  • Prevents and treats scars and stretch marks.
  • Helps reduce acne scars.
  • Fights teen and adult acne.

The other one I'd like to try is Syn-Ake BB cream.  It says that the peptides that are similar to snake venom - and we all know that botox is made from snake venom.  It's sold as a pair with the tube of bb cream and the jar just with facial cream. It's supposed to firm and lift the skin - I'd love to try it.  But again, chances are greater then not that it's going to be too dark for my NW15 skin.  


Hopefully someone swatches both of these bb creams and one of them, at least, is light enough for me!


If you've never used BB cream before, Skin79 is the perfect brand to start with as they produce great products.  All of the Skin79 bb creams give a beautiful finish and make it look like you have naturally beautiful skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment